Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sketchbook Time

Howdy Strangers,

It's been a long time, I know. You might find yourself saying: "Oh my goodness, Nancy! Where have you been? And why oh why have you abandoned this poor blog just as you were getting started?"

Well, the excuses aren't good enough. But here I am, I am back, and I do have many things to share with you, my darlings.

Let us begin with my sketchbook.

Cloud Friends and Hair Tangle

Tree Children

Welcome Home

Mimes in Love

Birds Among Fowers

Lovers in Clouds

Doodle Kids

I love sketchbooks and carry one with me always.

I have different kinds of sketchbooks where I work in different ways: In my mini sketchbooks (above), I tend to think of each page as an experiment, which I then turn into something like a final illustration; In my big mess books I plan out illustrations, design characters, write and doodle ideas, and just plain go crazy; In my pattern sketchbook I lay down my color swatches, play with textures, and paint patterns. And then there are also my notebooks, where I doodle and write ideas. Maybe I have too many sketchbooks and notebooks floating around, but that's how I like it.

Anyway, this is a little piece of what I have been up to these past few months.
You can also find some earlier sketchbook pages in my Mini Sketchbook set, over on my Flickr Photostream.

Until next time!

7 comments:

  1. Fancy Nancy, your sketchbook is too amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! I knew Sam would beat me to the punch. Seriously, I'm looking at your sketchbook pieces at work right now and it's nearly making me cry with happiness. Hair tangle? Tree-headed children? Mime love? Bird design? Beautiful, every one. You are the gold standard of sketchbookers, my friend. Please, please put more up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my beautiful lady, how dare you have such magnificent sketchbookings skills? I just want to steal your sketchbooks. All of them.

    ...lock your doors, I've been wanting to visit florida anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, please make a book of a bunch of your sketchbook pages and then I will buy it for money and love it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! You are all fine and lovely people, I'm so sure of it. I feed off your work in the first place, so it's a happy circle.

    And Sam, I think this thing might happen some day.
    I will let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those birds/flowers are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My absolute favorite one is the birds! I remember you working on this and it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete